AN ATHLETIC CONDITIONING EDUCATION METHOD ENGINEERED FOR TOTAL-BODY POWER, STRENGTH AND AGILITY.
This unique training program focuses on functional fitness targeting core strength and kinesthetic awareness leading to improvements in total-body strength and power. This multi-layered system is designed to help retrain unbalanced muscles, initiate the core, and build strength from within that will transfer on and off the playing field!
The CORE™ Athletic Conditioning & Performance Training™ Program is intended for those already working in the fields of fitness or movement with an interest in training their athlete clients more effectively. The focus is on expanding student’s current knowledge while delivering complete instruction in the CORE foundational principles along with the components and theory of various athletic conditioning and performance training methodologies.
Emphasis on cueing, biomechanics, proper form, and modifications are some of major points that separate the CORE program from other training programs.
After completing this program students will be prepared to teach two complete workouts; a Muscular Endurance Interval Training Workout and an Interval Training Workout focusing on Strength, Power and Balance.
Our CORE program provides a balanced and thorough blend of theory, observation and practical experience to help you master the repertoire.
- Apply the Core Principles to a variety of exercises on the Mat.
- Learn how simple exercises can be used in a fitness-based workout and understand how the movements can be used for sport-specific training.
- Learn how to cue exercises to maintain safety and effectiveness.
- Discover how to create programs that improve functionality and performance.
- Learn how to add variety and challenge to traditional conditioning moves.
This course introduces important concepts of athletic conditioning and performance training and emphasis is placed on utilizing 11 Foundational Principles when training athletes. The principles cover alignment and biomechanics for the major joints involved in athletic performance as well as understanding how to train the three classifications of muscles for optimal performance. In addition, components of athletic conditioning are overviewed including resistance training methods, plyometric training, balance training, and speed & agility training. Performance training concepts such as periodization are also introduced.
What you will learn:
- The process of improving various general components of fitness through a well-designed athletic conditioning program in order to enhance athletic performance.
- The components of the CORE program including strength, flexibility, dynamic stabilization, speed, agility, power, and endurance.
- The process of improving specific components of a sport or activity through various means of performance training.
- The importance of having a comprehensive understanding of the sport involved including the physical, energy and biomechanical demands as well as the performance schedule.
- Two workouts; a 45-minute Muscular Endurance Interval Training Workout and a 45-minute Interval Training Workout focusing on Strength, Power and Balance.
Requirements of Qualification:
This course is intended for those already working in the fields of fitness or movement (personal training and/or strength conditioning experience) however, all those interested in this material are encouraged to participate.
STOTT PILATES: 0.7 and ACE 9.7
A complete set of notes is provided to students on the first day of the program. These are included with the course fee and cannot be purchased separately.