ZEN•GA™ IS A SYNERGISTIC BLEND OF MIND-BODY MODALITIES, SUPPORTED BY THE LATEST FINDINGS IN FASCIAL FITNESS.
ZEN represents the search for inner discovery, while YOGA symbolizes a pathway to reach it. Together they form ZEN•GA, a teaching modality based on Four Mindful Movement Principles. Learn to consciously connect the body and the mind through the synthesis of movement applications. Through intention and imagery, ZEN•GA will unleash the body from tension and bring more clarity to the mind.
The ZEN•GA™ program is a teaching modality that consciously connects the body and the mind. Throughout the work, the power lies not only in the movement itself, but rather on a purposeful intention while we move. Through intention and imagery, ZEN•GA will unleash the body from tension and bring more clarity to the mind. We use various props to support the body and to create a focal point to direct our breath allowing for more fluidity and ease in the physical body.
ZEN•GA Program choices:
- Apply the Core Principles to a variety of exercises on the Mat.
- Learn how simple exercises can be used in a fitness-based workout and understand how the movements can be used for sport-specific training.
- Learn how to cue exercises to maintain safety and effectiveness.
- Discover how to create programs that improve functionality and performance.
- Learn how to add variety and challenge to traditional conditioning moves.
This course introduces important concepts of athletic conditioning and performance training and emphasis is placed on utilizing 11 Foundational Principles when training athletes. The principles cover alignment and biomechanics for the major joints involved in athletic performance as well as understanding how to train the three classifications of muscles for optimal performance. In addition, components of athletic conditioning are overviewed including resistance training methods, plyometric training, balance training, and speed & agility training. Performance training concepts such as periodization are also introduced.
What you will learn:
- The process of improving various general components of fitness through a well-designed athletic conditioning program in order to enhance athletic performance.
- The components of the CORE program including strength, flexibility, dynamic stabilization, speed, agility, power, and endurance.
- The process of improving specific components of a sport or activity through various means of performance training.
- The importance of having a comprehensive understanding of the sport involved including the physical, energy and biomechanical demands as well as the performance schedule.
- Two workouts; a 45-minute Muscular Endurance Interval Training Workout and a 45-minute Interval Training Workout focusing on Strength, Power and Balance.
Requirements of Qualification:
This course is intended for those already working in the fields of fitness or movement (personal training and/or strength conditioning experience) however, all those interested in this material are encouraged to participate.
STOTT PILATES: 0.7 and ACE 9.7
A complete set of notes is provided to students on the first day of the program. These are included with the course fee and cannot be purchased separately.